How to record a front end greeting
A front end greeting (FEG) is a recording that is heard by the caller prior to reaching a Telephone Service Representative. To record a front end greeting follow the instructions below. Please do not hesitate to contact an Operations Supervisor if you require assistance.
- Dial the check in line (610 520-7979)
- Enter your personal mailbox number ______ then press #.
- Enter your pass code ______ then press #.
- The announcer will greet and advise you of the message status.
- Upon hearing the announcer, immediately press “8” (user options-editing announcements). You do not need to listen to the entire recording.
- Press 4 to change your greeting.
- Press 2 to record a message
- Press any key to pause recording.
- Press 7 to listen to the recording.
- To save the greeting
- Press 5 to save as your night message. This is typically your permanent greeting that plays each evening and early morning prior to the office opening.
- Press 4 to save as your day message. This is for a recording a temporary greeting for situations such as closing for a meeting, inclement weather, phone problems.
- If you save a recording as the day greeting you must call the service, ask for a supervisor, and request your account status be changed to day status.